The gym and stage in the Elizabeth Municipal Building are under GEAR supervision. Certain hours are established for the public to walk in the gym or use the weight room (see schedule below). In order to use the gym or weight room at a different time or for a different purpose, you must get GEAR approval HERE.
GEAR is still accepting donations for a basketball cage, storage lockers, scoreboards, volleyball net and poles, and more. Please contact us if you are interested in donating money or equipment! Or if you need a donation form for tax deductions, you can print one off HERE. Several businesses and people have already donated time and money. GEAR would like to thank everyone who has supported us. The Village of Elizabeth and Hoskins Building Center helped us buy new backboards, Mark Petsche painted the gym and stage, and Jug’s Main Street Tap hosted chili cook-offs to raise funds for GEAR. Thank you all for your generosity!
PLEASE READ BEFORE USING THE GYM OR WEIGHT ROOM:
1. Street shoes are not allowed, so bring a clean pair of gym shoes to change into.
2. During noon hour, the building is used by Northwest Academy. You will need to buzz in to enter the building. Then walk straight forward to the back hallway and use the gym’s east entrance. This is to prevent disruption of classes in the west hallway.
3. During morning and evening hours, enter the building through the third door from the right. Do not try to force open the other doors.
4. Please be quiet and respectful so as not to disturb the fitness classes using the gym or stage. Walkers should stay on the perimeter of the gym. Basketball and other activities are not allowed during walking times.
5. Walking hours and weight room usage are for adults only. You’re not allowed to bring your kids along. GEAR loves kids, but kids would want to run around and play in the gym, which could be distracting for others or even a safety hazard.
6. Only students enrolled in fitness classes can use class equipment (including mats, punching bag, and CrossFit equipment on the stage).
7. Please stick to the posted times. Don’t try to come earlier or stay later than what is allowed by Northwest Academy and GEAR.
8. NOTE: If Northwest is not in session, the building will be locked during noon hour. Double check the GEAR calendar to make sure the school is in session. The building will be closed on holidays.
SCHEDULE FOR WEIGHT ROOM:
Monday: 6:30 to 8:00 PM
Friday: 6:30 to 8:00 PM